Frequently Asked Questions
Is there really a Buddy LaRosa?
You bet! The man who has been bringing smiles to Guests faces for over six decades is a Cincinnati native, growing up in a working-class neighborhood on the West Side where he worked at a couple of different jobs. But his real passion was to build his own business.
Growing up, Buddy always loved the pizza his Aunt Dena made. He thought other people might like her family recipe pizza, too. So he made a couple dozen for his church's summer festival. As it turned out, Buddy was right! Lots of people loved Dena's pizza.
So in 1954, with $400 and a couple of partners, Buddy opened a small family pizzeria and boy did people eat it up. Now, over 60 years later, Buddy's restaurants serve hundreds of neighborhoods throughout Cincinnati, Dayton, Central Ohio, Northern Kentucky and Southeast Indiana. As for Buddy, he's still around and involved in the family business. Only now he's able to spend more time with family and follow his life-long interest – amateur and professional boxing.
Our traditional crust is thin, our crispy pan is thick and our hand tossed crust is in between – not too thick, not too thin. There are currently 13 pizzerias that offer a Gluten Free crust, as well. For more information about our Gluten Free options, please view our Gluten Free Pizza Fact Sheet.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Place pizza on baking sheet. Make sure box liner is not under the pizza.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 12-15 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- For a crispier crust, place pizza directly on center oven rack.
Note: Time in oven can vary based on oven type and number of toppings on the pizza.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove only the pizza from box and place on a cookie sheet or a pizza pan. Do not put the pizza liner in the oven.
- Place the pizza in the center of the oven and set time for 10-12 minutes.
- Not all ovens bake the same, so time may vary. Check at 10 minutes and look for a crisp, dry crust, melty cheese and toppings heated through.
- Time to reheat may also vary depending on crust thickness and amount of toppings. Adjust bake time accordingly.
- Add more time as thickness of crust and number of toppings warrant.